You don’t want a prospective buyer to be distracted by clutter, peeling paint, broken fixtures and fittings and unkept lawns and gardens. We can assist you by offering suggestions and the services required to help ready your home for the market.
If you want buyers to be interested in your home, you need to show it in its best light. A good first impression can influence a buyer both emotionally and visually, thus prompting them to make an offer. In addition, what the buyer first sees is what they think of when they consider the asking price. A bad first impression can dissuade a potential buyer. Don’t show your property until it’s all fixed up. You do not want to give buyers the chance to use the negative first impression they have as means of negotiation. Signature Investments can assist you in maximizing your opportunities to sell.
SELLERS CHECKLIST – Preparing to sell
It’s important to make sure your property looks its best from the moment it goes onto the market. Staging your home for sale. Home staging is one of the most important factors in selling a home. Staging a home effectively can result in your home selling in a much shorter amount of time and for a higher price. This is something that we at Signature Investments can help you with.
Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving. Additionally, Over 90% of home searches begin online. A picture is worth a thousand words. Making sure your home or commercial property is effectively staged before photos are taken for your listing will significantly increase your chances of selling.
Ask your agent for advice on staging your home. It can be difficult to see your own home or commercial property with fresh eyes. At Signature Investments, we will give you honest advice about what you can do to help get your home or commercial property in sale condition.
PROPERTY PRESENTATION CHECKLIST
Prepare and stage the home.
- Declutter and depersonalize. Remove or reduce family photos, décor items and knick knacks.
- Clean the ceiling fans
- Dust and wipe down walls and baseboards
- Vacuum, mop and/or clean carpets. Remove soiled rugs
- Launder or vacuum the window treatments
- Clean bathrooms and remove items from the counters
- Wash the windows
- Replace or repair damaged blinds
- Replace blown light bulbs, and outdated lighting fixtures.
- Remove excess books, magazines and toys
- Tidy closets. Remove seasonal items and organize loose clothing.
- Remove excess furniture pieces. Keeping furnishings minimal will make the rooms appear larger.
- Use rooms for their intended purposes
- Touch-up paint on walls and trim. Consider repainting walls a fresh neutral shade. Fresh paint can sell a house!
- Consider our staging services to help you get the highest return
Additional items in the kitchen – The kitchen is one of the most important rooms when it comes to selling your home.
- Box up all extra plates and serving pieces.
- Organize your spice rack and pantry
- Move appliances you seldom use to your cabinets or pantry
- Scrub your sink
- Change the drip pans on your stove top
- Clean the oven
- Clean and declutter the fridge
- Wipe down all appliances
- Make any necessary repairs
Increase curb appeal – The exterior attractiveness of your home will be the first impression for the buyer.
- Wash windows
- Check for rot and mildew
- Spot clean, if needed
- Pressure wash, and touch up paint, if needed
- Sweep the front porch/stoop
- Trim the lawn and hedges
- Place fresh potted flowers around your front door
- Purchase a new welcome mat
- Remove excess garden furniture/toys and garden equipment
Preparing for showings and open houses
- Keep the home in show-ready condition at all times
- Make it easy for agents to show the home when you’re not available by setting up lockboxes or giving your agent a key for appointments
- Open blinds and turn on lights so that the home is bright
- Turn on a/c so that buyers are welcomed to a cool environment that they can imagine themselves relaxing in
- Ensure the kitchen is clean. Don’t leave dishes in the sink or dish drainer. Leave the counters clutter-free
- Make beds and remove or tidy away any laundry
- Leave the home smelling fresh. Brew a pot of coffee, burn a scented candle.
- Remove pet odors. Tuck away food/water dishes; remove soiled pet beds and litter-boxes. Clean up pet droppings in the yard.
- Put away toys
Typically, there are some general fix ups that need to be done both outside and on the inside. As a seller, you should consider the following:
- Landscaping – Has the front yard been maintained? Are areas of the house visible to the street in good condition?
- Cleaning or Redoing the driveway – Is your driveway cluttered with toys, tools, trash etc?
- Painting – Does both the exterior and the interior look like they have been well taken care of?
- Carpeting – Does the carpet have stains? Or does the carpet look old and dirty?
- Is the interior tidy?
Analyze why you are selling – If you understand your motives, and communicate this to us, then we will be able to better negotiate and to get what it is that you want, whether it be a quick sale, high price, or somewhere in the middle.
Be prepared for negotiation – Learn and understand your buyer’s situation; what are their motives? Can you demand a big deposit from them? Try to lock in the buyer so that the deal goes through.
Make sure the contract is accurate and complete – Be honest with your disclosures and transparent regarding any of your property’s defects as you do not want to lose the deal. Insist the buyers get a professional inspection. This will protect both you and the buyer.
Prepare your home for the buyer – Maximize the strengths of your property and fix up its weaknesses. We can help you set the stage right. You want the buyer to walk away from your home with a lasting good impression.
Planning to sell your house or already on the market but no results?
Call GamRealty 2696613 / 7940938 or 7107606. Visit gamrealty.com